Location: – North Ohio
(Cleveland/Youngstown/Akron), Northwest PA and
This position has three main focuses which are to manage comprehensive fluid management programs at the customer sites, develop new business with existing customers and develop new business with new customers in the Midwest region.
**Candidates should reside in the general region as travel to this region would be frequent.
The account manager should have an ongoing presence at the customer sites and is responsible for managing all aspects of APPC’s products and operations at that site. A comprehensive fluid management program includes everything from inventory management and ordering to technical services. The account manager is responsible for all customer-relevant aspects of a Fluid Management Program which may include but are
not limited to:
- Monitor, manage plant inventory and consignment.
- Analyze inventories, customer production issues, quality and technical data.
- Coordinate with customers, suppliers and other APPC plants to schedule pick-ups and deliveries
- Coordinate emergency twenty-four-hour plant coverage in case of emergency
- Accompany bulk deliveries into the plant and organize support for any deliveries requiring additional personnel or equipment
- Measure, track, and improve key performance indicators for customer’s departments within the plant site.
- Regularly report site activity to APPC Management
- Serve as customer site representative by entering and processing customer orders
- Provide and maintain daily records required for each customer department (production, procurement, etc.)
- Run/Create reports for customer personnel and/or Allegheny Petroleum management.
- Provide daily technical support and troubleshooting to customers.
- Work with customers’ Research and Development subject matter experts to develop new lubricant formulations to optimize plant operations.
- Take samples of products for testing
- Manage Environmental, Health and Safety policies and procedures and documentation.
The Account Manager is responsible for executing sales strategy and structured sales processes in order to develop new opportunities with existing customers and develop new business opportunities at new customers in the Midwest region. Essential Functions of business development in this role include but are not limited to:
- Prospect territory for new customers.
- Gather competitive product information.
- Develop new customers or new opportunities with existing customers.
- Prepare action plans and schedules to identify target accounts.
- Maintain and grow current customer base.
- Call on and service customers.
- Qualify potential new customers as to credit worthiness
- Develop and close new profitable sales opportunities.
- Provide technical support to customers.
- Provide technical information on new products and industry specification changes.
- Advise on correct use of products.
- Develop and maintain sales materials and product knowledge.
- Maintain an updated understanding of industry specific equipment and lubricant applications
Strategy and Planning
- Develop a sales strategy to achieve organizational sales goals and revenues.
- Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction.
- Liaise with other company functions to ensure achievement of sales objectives.
- Forecast annual, quarterly, and monthly sales revenue.
- Establish and adjust selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
- Develop pricing schedules and rates.
- Formulate sales policies and procedures.
- Conduct market research and competitor and customer analysis.
- Analyze data to identify sales opportunities.
- Cultivate effective business relationships with executive decision makers in key accounts.
- Determine annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies, analyzing trends and results.
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories, projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Implement sales programs and initiatives by developing field sales action plans.
- Maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Investigate lost sales and customer accounts.
a. Computer skills
- Work with various computer systems (internal and customer/supplier
- Familiarity with business management software (SAP, Chempax, etc.)
- Information management – Run reports, analyze data and manage various
types of information in various formats
- Print orders off of Chempax system. Update data in Chempax or other
- Work with various computer systems (internal and customer/supplier
- Ability to work effectively both in a team environment and independently
- Communicate effectively with all customers, suppliers and APPCC employees including technical staff, production employees, procurement
team and APPC sales support team, sales team, management, operations and suppliers and customers by means of most effective technology or in person meetings.
- Lead initiatives to drive cost savings and improvements in EHS
- (Environmental Safety and Health)
- Other tasks as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibility: No
Education and Experience
- 7+ years of progressive experience in business development, account management, sales
and/or technical sales.
- Bachelor of Science degree in management, marketing, business administration or
relevant technical degree.
- Experience in an industrial manufacturing environment; petroleum and chemical markets
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, utilize hand and finger dexterity, talk or hear.
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision; color vision; depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Allegheny Petroleum Products Company is an EEO employer; EOE/M/F/Vets/Disability
Please download the Employee EEO Self-Identification Form and fill it out. This is optional.
EEO Self ID
Click the Apply Now button and attach your cover letter, resume and the EEO Self ID form (optional).