Location: Ambridge, PA
The Facilities Technician will be responsible for safely performing scheduled/unscheduled routine repairs and maintenance within the plant. You will juggle many tasks in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment. This position will report directly to the local Operations Manager.
- Work closely with Operations Manager and Project Manager.
- Inspects and identifies equipment or machines in need of repair.
- Troubleshoots issues to determine necessary repairs.
- Plans repair work using buildings blueprints or equipment manual as needed.
- Performs general repairs that do not require a specialized technician. Examples may include repairing drywall, painting, and repairing doors and other building fixtures.
- Performs routine maintenance on building systems.
- Cleans and assists with upkeep of the facilities.
- Orders supplies and materials needed for repairs and maintenance.
- Time permitting, may perform general laborer responsibilities within plant to include assisting in shipping/receiving, packaging, and blending departments.
- Additional tasks as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibility: No
Education and Experience
- High school diploma; Technical certificate or associate’s degree preferred
- Related experience preferred
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience with electrical systems, compressed air systems and/or welding is a plus.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Attention to detail.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Frequently required to stand and walk up to 8 hours at a time, sit, utilize hand and finger dexterity, talk or hear.
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet; moderate.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision; color vision; depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Allegheny Petroleum Products Company is an EEO employer; EOE/M/F/Vets/Disability
Please download the Employee EEO Self-Identification Form and fill it out. This is optional.
EEO Self ID
Click the Apply Now button and attach your cover letter, resume and the EEO Self ID form (optional).