Location: Blender Ambridge, PA
General labor responsibilities within manufacturing environment/plant.
- Receives orders from Operations Supervisor/Plant Manager or her/his designee
- Responsible for assisting in blending of petroleum, packaging drums and pails of petroleum-based products from bulk containers or transports, preparing product for shipment and/or receiving inbound materials
- Responsible for assisting in the emulsification of VI’s
- Load/Offload from transports or bulk tanks (and railcars – Ambridge location only) using pumps and hoses
- Read and execute blending/packaging/shipping/receiving procedures
- Pull samples during blending and packaging activity and bring them to the lab for testing
- Conduct Quality Control laboratory testing and understand results
- Ability to understand and adjust blends for viscosity and metals (requires understanding of fractions and simple math)
- Make decisions on laboratory tests in absence of plant supervisor
- Operate various machines used in blending and packaging of products.
- Inspect containers for defects (drums/pails/totes)
- Inspect inbound materials and pull samples for laboratory testing
- Apply labels to containers according to procedures
- Complete blending/packaging line checklists
- Load finished bulk or packaged products onto trucks or into inventory
- Clean equipment and warehouse.
- Participate in safety and production meetings.
- Assist in any plant activities like inventory management
- Use a fork truck/pallet jack well
- Understand shipping and receiving documentation
- Abide by all safety policies
- Understand and follow all APPC policies and procedures
- Understand ISO 9001 work instructions
- Interact with company drivers to facilitate movement of bulk and packaged trailers
- Ability to reach on the weekends and after hours for emergency deliveries
- Additional tasks as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibility: No
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma (Some college or technical school is preferred)
Key Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic computer skills (Ability to use the computer, printer and scanner)
- Verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills required
- Detailed oriented
- Forklift experience
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Lifting of over 50 pounds is required
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Regularly required to finger, grasp and perform repetitive motion.
- Frequently required to reach.
- Frequently required to climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, stand, push, pull, and lift.
- Frequently required to exert up to 50 pounds of force and/or a sizable amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push or pull other objects, including the human body.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Allegheny Petroleum Products Company is an EEO employer; EOE/M/F/Vets/Disability
Please download the Employee EEO Self-Identification Form and fill it out. This is optional.
EEO Self ID
Click the Apply Now button and attach your cover letter, resume and the EEO Self ID form (optional).