The successful candidate will report to the Human Resources Manager and provide support in the areas of benefits administration, training, onboarding, compliance and recruitment, as well as provide administrative support to the Senior leadership team and Finance department. The HR Coordinator is expected to exhibit complete confidentiality related to all aspects of the position (inside and outside of the workplace), and demonstrate the utmost integrity with respect to confidential company information and employee personal information
- Coordinating new hire onboarding process and securing all appropriate documentation
- Assisting with leave administration: FMLA, Workers Compensation, Medical
- Running background checks
- Assisting with Benefits Administration including COBRA
- Updating and/or maintaining job descriptions
- Maintaining HRIS files and running reports out of system
- Assisting with recruitment process including scheduling interviews
- Additional tasks as assigned.
- Miscellaneous administrative tasks related to Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable activities which
deal with invoice reconciliation, auditing, and processing of invoices, handling expenses and other tasks as
Supervisory Responsibility: No
Education and Experience
- Minimum of an Associate degree or Certificate in HR Management (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- 2 years of related experience in HR
- Seek education and research in order to stay relevant with latest industry trends, management practices and technical information.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Computer skills required: Human Resource Information Systems; Microsoft Office Suite. ERP system
experience a plus.
- Other skills required:
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, utilize hand and finger dexterity, talk or hear.
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet; moderate.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision; color vision; depth perception andability to adjust focus.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Allegheny Petroleum Products Company is an EEO employer; EOE/M/F/Vets/Disability
Please download the Employee EEO Self-Identification Form and fill it out. This is optional.
EEO Self ID
Click the Apply Now button and attach your cover letter, resume and the EEO Self ID form (optional).