Location: Wilmerding, PA
Responsible for lab activity including mainly quality control testing, calibrations and compliance.
a) Work with Plant Managers and Operations staff to run quality control testing on finished lubricant
products, and approve products for shipment.
b) Assist with the completion of batch sheets as needed.
c) Assist blenders with production batch adjustments.
d) Familiarity with certificates of analysis.
e) Enter test results into computer system and generate certificates of analysis.
f) Test and approve incoming raw materials and certificates of analysis.
g) Maintain collection of retain samples in organized fashion.
h) Maintain SDS’s for lab chemicals.
2) Laboratory Skills
a) Able to run lab equipment in safe and efficient manner.
b) Ability to calibrate lab equipment.
c) Attention to detail in reporting test results.
d) Keep neat laboratory notebook and files.
e) Basic wet chemistry skills.
f) Petroleum test equipment skills
g) Ability to discern off-spec material.
3) Quality Assurance
a) Assist in maintenance of ISO or other quality records
b) Responsible for lab quality compliance
c) Prepare for and participate in audits by customers/suppliers/registrars
d) Additional tasks as assigned
Supervisory Responsibility: No
Education and Experience
- BS degree in a scientific discipline is preferred, or Associate’s degree and related experience (2+ years).
- Oil industry experience is a plus.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work with various computer systems (internal and customer/supplier systems)
- Troubleshoot computer problems
- Print C/A’s and blend sheets from Chempax system, update data in Chempax or other computer systems
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, utilize hand and finger dexterity, talk or hear.
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet; moderate.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision; color vision; depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Will work with and have exposure to chemicals, some of which may be harmful
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Allegheny Petroleum Products Company is an EEO employer; EOE/M/F/Vets/Disability
Please download the Employee EEO Self-Identification Form and fill it out. This is optional.
EEO Self ID
Click the Apply Now button and attach your cover letter, resume and the EEO Self ID form (optional).