Location: Ambridge or Wilmerding
Responsibility for daily driving of trucks and delivery of customer orders to assigned areas. Truck type varies and can include box trucks (Straight and van) – tandem axle straight trucks (Hose Reel type deliveries) – transport trucks (18 wheel type) single compartment and multi-compartment transferred to customers tank(s) through 3” positive placement pump. Must be compliant in following all rules and safety standards including DOT regulations and CSA 2010 rules.
- Drive a truck at least 40 hours per week.
- Receives orders from dispatch.
- Plans delivery run based on priority given by dispatch. Deliveries are scheduled according to priority and routing.
- Picks paper work from bin, and places back up paperwork in the appropriate bin.
- Checks compartment log for product, amount, customer, and hose reel product. (Bulk)
- Checks placement of products on truck vs. how the run is scheduled to start deliveries. (Packaged)
- Performs pre and post trip inspections and fills out appropriate forms.
- Ensures customer signs BOL’s and meter tickets. (Adjusts paperwork if necessary)
- Fills out mileage logs and retains fuel receipts.
- Maintains driver’s log.
- Communicates with customers and relays any questions, problems, or concerns.
- Attends drivers meeting.
- Driver must adhere to all DOT requirements to include but not limited to hours of service, drug and alcohol testing, accident reporting, load securement, and all other requirements to the regulations.
- Abide by all APPC and customer safety policies
- Communicate any vehicle/trailer deficiencies to Operations
- Facilitate all repairs and maintenance through Operations
- Additional tasks as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibility: No
Education and Experience
- Class A CDL
- Hazmat endorsement
- Tanker endorsement
- 100,000 miles experience driving
- DOT Regulations and CSA 2010 Rules.
- Possess proper driver’s license for job.
- High school diploma
Key Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Good communication skills.
- Detailed oriented
- Demonstrates dependability
Primary Equipment/Technology required
- Lift Gate
- Hose Reel
- Cell phone
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Close visual acuity to recognize traffic signs, sudden stops, traffic patterns, construction zones, and aggressive drivers.
- Listen for traffic sensitive situations. (Trains, horns, braking, accelerating, and emergency vehicles)
- Listen for possible vehicle sounds which may impair the vehicles performance.
- Looks for possible vehicle deficiencies during pre and post trip inspections.
- Regularly required to finger, grasp and perform repetitive motion.
- Frequently required to reach.
- Frequently required to climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, stand, push, pull, and lift.
- Frequently required to exert up to 50 pounds of force and/or a sizable amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push or pull other objects, including the human body.
- Frequently required to walk before and during deliveries.
- Position involves sitting while driving.
- Must pass drivers physical exam.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Allegheny Petroleum Products Company is an EEO employer/, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disability
Please download the Employee EEO Self-Identification Form and fill it out. This is optional.
EEO Self ID
Click the Apply Now button and attach your cover letter, resume and the EEO Self ID form (optional).