For general machining, Allegheny’s ALTRA product line offers specialty machine oils and machine way lubricants that reduce stick-slip and chatter on slides and tables:
- Circulating Oils: Lubricates fluid-film bearings on backup rolls which has various applications in rolling mills.
- Spindle Oils: Used to lubricate sensitive equipment and high-precision machines.
- Reciprocating Compressor Oils: Formulated to protect rotary veins, rotary screws, and reciprocating compressors against corrosion, rust, and general wear.
- General Machine Oils:
- Machine Way Lubricants: Prevents stick-slip or table chatter by reducing friction between mating surfaces.
- Mining Lubricants: Protects equipment from excessive wear while operating under extreme load conditions. Decreases the need for unscheduled maintenance and increases productivity.
- Railroad Diesel Engine Oils: Made to deliver performance in demanding environments.
- Rock Drill Oils: Specially formulated to keep rock drills cool and lubricated.
Steam Cylinder Oils: Steam cylinder oils offer protection against rust and corrosion. They are specifically formulated to provide excellent lubricity and film strength, making them resistant to water washout.