The Business Development/Account Manager is responsible for executing sales strategy and structured sales processes Business Development and Account Manager is not only responsible for planning, implementing and directing the sales activities of their sales team in order to achieve strategic objectives but personal sales metrics.
- Prospect territory for new customers.
- Gather competitive product information.
- Develop new customers or new opportunities with existing customers.
- Prepare action plans and schedules to identify target accounts.
- Maintain and grow current customer base
- Call on and service customers.
- Qualify potential new customers as to credit worthiness
- Develop and close new profitable sales opportunities.
- Responsible for execution of specific assigned contracts
- Interact with Operations, Purchasing, technical and other sales roles in order to execute contractrequirements.
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, closings and adherence to goals as well astechnical reports.
- Provide technical support to customers.
- Provide technical information on new products and industry specification changes.
- Advise on correct use of products.
- Provide inside sales and technical support for house accounts.
- Develop and maintain sales materials and product knowledge.
- Maintain an updated understanding of industry specific equipment and lubricant applications.
Strategy and Planning
- Develop a sales strategy to achieve organizational sales goals and revenues.
- Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction.
- Liaise with other company functions to ensure achievement of sales objectives.
- Forecast annual, quarterly and monthly sales revenue.
- Establish and adjust selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
- Develop pricing schedules and rates.
- Formulate sales policies and procedures.
- Conduct market research and competitor and customer analysis.
- Analyze data to identify sales opportunities.
- Cultivate effective business relationships with executive decision makers in key accounts.
- Determine annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies; analyzingtrends and results.
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions andterritories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Implement sales programs and initiatives by developing field sales action plans.
- Maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply anddemand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Investigate lost sales and customer accounts.
- Additional tasks as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibility: No
Education and Experience
- 7+ years of progressive experience in business development, account management, sales and/or technical sales.
- Bachelor of Science degree in management, marketing, business administration or relevant technical degree.
- Preference will be given to candidates with an MBA or Masters level degree in marketing, management or other relevant field.
- Experience in all aspects of planning and implementing sales strategy.
- Experience in customer relationship management.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Seek education and research in order to stay relevant with latest industry trends, management practices and technical information.
- Attend trade meetings and industry conventions.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working understanding and experience in using Microsoft: Excel, PowerPoint and Word programs
- Familiarity with and ability to learn business management software (SAP, Chempax, etc.)
- Information management – Run reports, analyze data and manage various types of information invarious formats
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, utilize hand and finger dexterity, talk or hear.
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet; moderate.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision; color vision; depth perception andability to adjust focus.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Allegheny Petroleum Products Company is an EEO employer; EOE/M/F/Vets/Disability
Please download the Employee EEO Self-Identification Form and fill it out. This is optional.
EEO Self ID
Click the Apply Now button and attach your cover letter, resume and the EEO Self ID form (optional).